The Indian Two Wheeler industry recorded exports of over 35 Lakh units between April 2019 – March 2020.
The Two Wheeler exports registered a growth of 7.3% in FY2019-20 v/s FY2018-19. The major export market of the ‘Made-in-India’ two wheelers are African & Latin American countries.
- Bajaj Auto continued to top the two-wheelers exporter’s list as the OEM sent over 18.6 Lakh units to its export markets. Bajaj two wheelers contributed to over 53% of the two wheelers exported from India. The export volumes grew 10.2% in FY20 for Bajaj.
- TVS came second and was able to export more than 6.7 Lakh units in FY20. The Indian OEMs – Bajaj & TVS combined command over 72% Market Share in terms of exports!
- Honda’s export volumes fell double digit in FY20 (-14.1%). It lost the highest market share (-2.3%) in terms of exports.
- Royal Enfield recorded the highest YoY growth in exports (88.2%). It clearly highlights RE’s increased focus on international markets. However; RE’s Market Share is still meager 1.11%.
- Harley’s export strategy for Street 750 not working out? The exports volumes fell over 60% in FY20 v/s FY19.