Tractors was the category to register the highest YoY growth in December 2020. Tractors registration continued its positive momentum showing a growth of 35.5% in Dec’20 v/s Dec’19.
- Mahindra + Swaraj commanded a Market Share of 41.04% in December 2020 and was the No.1 Tractor OEM in terms of Retail volumes for Dec’20. Do note that while M&M lost -1.11% Market Share; Swaraj’s Market Share increased by 0.66% YoY.
- Sonalika outsold TAFE again in Dec’20 and recorded a Market Share of 13.57% in December 2020. Sonalika has been extremely consistent in the past few months and the sales growth is a testimony. It has also widened its gap in terms of volumes from TAFE this year.
- TAFE registered sales growth too and grew 40% in Dec 2020 v/s Dec 2019. It saw its market share increase by 0.38% YoY.
- Escorts recorded the highest market share fall of -1.55% and ranked fifth in the list.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as they are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 09.01.21 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,270 out of 1,477 RTOs.