As automobile enthusiasts; we yearn to learn more about the brands we love. Hence; we are happy to present the Interesting Facts series where we will cover lot of unknown facts about the famous automobile brands.
The First Brand to be included in the series is BMW. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, commonly referred to as BMW, is a German MNC which produces luxury cars and motorcycles. The company was founded in 1916 as a manufacturer of aircraft engines, which it produced from 1917 until 1918 and again from 1933 to 1945.
Interesting Facts about BMW –
1. During WWI, BMW built the airplane engine. The Early airplane engines rewrote the record book, BMW-powered biplane hit 32,000ft in 1919.
2. BMW’s headquarters is a giant homage to its four-cylinder heritage.
3. The Early airplane engines rewrote the record book, BMW-powered biplane hit 32,000ft in 1919.
4. Everyone thinks the iconic logo represents a spinning propeller, the logo existed before it ever graced a propeller.
5. You can thank the Treaty of Versailles for getting BMW into cars
7. In 1937, the world record for fastest motorcycle went to a BMW!
8. In the late ’50s, BMW almost became part of the same corporate family as Mercedes!
9. BMW’s storied M1 supercar was supposed to be built by Lamborghini.
10. BMW made its first electric car in 1972