Mr.Guillaume Cartier has been appointed as Chairperson for Africa, Middle East, India, Europe, and Oceania (AMIEO) region by Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.
Effective April 1st, Cartier will be leading Nissan operations in the region.
· Geographical scope covers Africa, Middle East, India, Europe (including Russia), and Oceania, covering more than 140 markets
· Population of 3.8 billion people
· representing more than 30% of global vehicle sales: 29 million vehicles sold in 2019
· Sales of 820,000 Nissan, Datsun, and Infiniti in 2019
· Has plants in 3 continents
· Key Nissan models include the Qashqai, Navara, Patrol, and LEAF
Mr.Cartier comes with an experience of over 25 years at Nissan and in the Alliance in global and regional leadership positions.
He will lead the new region even as the Nissan NEXT transformation plan continues to gather pace, and with key models in Europe including Qashqai and Ariya launching soon. The brand has been growing continuously in the AMIO region due to its powerful vehicle lineup including the iconic Patrol and the recently launched Magnite, in India.
Mr.Cartier replaces Mr.Gianluca De Ficchy, who served for three years as Chairperson of Nissan Europe and latterly of the expanded AMIEO region. Mr.De Ficchy is expected to be in a new senior role, details to be communicated by the company later.
Mr.Cartier will report to Vice-Chief Performance Officer and Chief Quality Officer Mr.Christian Vandenhende. Mr.Cartier replaces
Cartier said: “I am thrilled to be leading this culturally rich and diverse region into a period of unprecedented change for the automotive industry and with a refreshed range of Nissan models and technologies coming to the market.”
“A new period of sustainable growth is beginning for Nissan, as we continue to progress the Nissan NEXT transformation plan, accelerating our journey towards a fully electrified lineup in Europe by 2023, and bringing our enhanced product line-up to our growing loyal customer base in Africa, the Middle East, India, and Oceania.”
Mr.Cartier had first joined Nissan in 1995 as after-sales manager and later held various senior management positions in the Alliance including AMI Chairperson, Head of Global Datsun Business, Executive Officer, and Sr. Vice President of Mitsubishi Motors, Sr. Vice President for Sales n Marketing in Europe.
Currently, he is Vice-Chairperson of the AMIEO region and AMI President.
Cartier will be replaced by Leon Dorssers as AMIEO Region Senior Vice President for Sales & Marketing effective from April 1st. He will be reporting to Cartier, covering all AMIEO Region Sales & Marketing functions including Sales, Dealer Network, Product Strategy & Pricing, Brand and Customer Experience.
Mr.Dorssers had joined Nissan as a graduate trainee in 1992 and has since then held multiple sales & marketing functions in the country, regional and global leadership positions. He is currently based at Global Headquarters in Japan as Senior Vice President for Global Sales, Product Marketing and Customer Quality & Dealer Network Development,
Dorssers said: “The new AMIEO region will enable Nissan to be more competitive across our operations and allow us to deploy the latest technologies consistently and faster to our customers across the region.
“With models like Ariya, Qashqai, Magnite and Kicks, and technologies like e-POWER and ProPILOT, we’ve already given our customers a taste of what’s to come from Nissan, and the coming years will be even more innovative and electrified.”
The senior management team for the AMIEO region will include:
· Kevin Fitzpatrick, Senior Vice President for Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
· David Moss, Senior Vice President for R&D
· George Leondis, Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance
· François Bailly, Senior Vice President, Chief Planning Officer
· Jordi Vila, Divisional Vice President for Marketing and Sales Operations, Europe
· Joni Paiva, Divisional Vice President for Marketing and Sales Operations, Africa, Middle East, India, and Oceania