Indian Car Sales Figures – August 2015
Management Punditz apologize for the delay in publishing the August 2015 sales figures. We would want to compensate the delay by publishing the Premium Brand Sales Data along with the general passenger cars sales figures! We strive to bring the most comprehensive sales numbers to the readers and Aug’15 figures would be an effort in the direction. Look forward for the support from our readers as always.
See how the OEM’s fared in Aug’15:
Indian Auto Industry experienced a single digit growth in Aug’15. The industry has been in turmoil since a long time and Aug’15 was not encouraging as usual. Once again, the new launches came to the rescue and helped the so called ‘performing OEM’s’ to gain/sustain volumes. Indian Consumers yet again proved their fascination towards new entrants and the volumes of Creta, Jazz, Aspire, S-cross delighted their respective manufacturers. The effect of decrease in fuel prices was not to be seen and overall consumer sentiments were neutral. Though Kerala proved to be the biggest market for all OEMs (due to Onam); other markets had a dull momentum.
Brand-wise Sales Data:
– Alto regains the numero uno slot and posts a sales of 23,017 units. Dzire hits the sweet second spot with 18,718 numbers. Swift and Wagon R occupy the third and fourth spot religiously!
– Bolero is now far off the number 5 slot and poses serious questions on its years long dominance in the ranking. Surprisingly its not even in the Top 10 (ranked 13th to be precise). Hyundai’s i20 (Elite+Active) makes into the Top 5 and occupies a well deserving 5th place! While its cousin Grand i10 comes 6th. And Creta evolves as the highest selling SUV of the month with 7437 units. With all cylinders firing, Hyundai makes grows a stellar 20% over last year!
– Jazz’s comeback was the most crucial element for Honda’s success this year. And the Japanese carmaker seems to hit the right nodes with the re-born hatchback. While Honda struggles with its usual production woes from its Tapukara facility, it was successful in dispatching 5404 Jazz & 5405 City in Aug’15. Both City and Jazz make into the Top 10 cars with the said numbers! However Brio, Amaze & Mobilio see tremendous decline and account to degrowth for overall Honda’s volumes.
– Mahindra has put all its energy now on TUV 300 and the effect was evident in Aug’15 data. Bolero could manage a petty 4804 units and Scorpio a dismal 3455 nos. It is also struggling to keep afloat the non-performers (say Quanto, Rexton, Verito, Vibe & Xylo). All eyes now on TUV 300 – will the new baby help India’s biggest SUV maker regain the 3rd position?
– Duster is unable to breathe! Scores below 1200 units consecutively for the second month and raises serious doubt on its ability to sustain volumes in coming months. Renault now wants to move towards Kwid for gaining back the numbers. Has dependency on one-product costed the French Automaker dearly?
– Happy to see the Nano sales pepping up – The AMT effect! However, Zest struggling at 2000 units is not fair to the brand considering its potential. We eagerly wait for the Hexa to be launched as well.
– VW manages to post growth again in Aug’15. Renewed focus on its existing portfolio has worked well with the OEM and again a refreshed Polo is launched to maintain buzz for the brand.
Premium Car Sales Data:
Top Luxury OEMs: