Around 7,552 Electric High-Speed Two Wheelers were sold in India in the first half of FY2020-21. The overall sales recorded a slump of -25.7% when compared to the same period last year.
Monthwise Electric Two Wheeler Sales Statistics –
- The Covid-19 lockdown impacted the Electric high-speed Two Wheeler sales as well and it receded by 25.6% between April-Sep 2020.
- However; the electric two-wheeler industry is showing signs of revival. September 2020 saw a 72 per cent year-on-year increase in sales in this category and is primarily due to the anticipated demand in the upcoming festive season.
- The aforementioned data has been collated by Society of Manufacturers of Electric Vehicles (SMEV) from the government records on the VAHAN platform.
- EV sales are also expected to rise due to favorable EV policy from the central and state governments. This has led to greater confidence amongst OEMs, component suppliers and investors.
OEM wise Electric Two Wheeler Sales and Market Share –
- Hero Electric was the No.1 OEM in electric two wheeler sales and it commanded a Market Share of 35% in FY2020-21.
- Okinawa Electric came second and sold 1,836 units in the first half of this financial year. It was able to garner a respectable Market Share of 24%.
- Hero Motocorp backed Ather Electric ranked third and could sell 941 units between April to September 2020. It also was able to hold a 12% market share in the category.
- Ampere E-vehicles was a close fourth and was just 22 units short of Ather. It too had a Market Share of 12%.
- Revolt Motors sold 576 electric high-speed bikes and ranked 5th in the list with a Market Share of 8%.
Also Read – Electric Scooter Sales Statistics – FY2020
1. The data doesn’t include low-speed segment
2. The above data has been collated from the Govt records of VAHAN