Indian Car Sales Figures – May 2020
Modelwise Car Sales Figures for May’20 –
1. MARUTI SUZUKI – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Ertiga23538864-73%2Dzire221516196-86%3Eeco161711739-86%4Baleno158715176-90%5Alto150616394-91%6Wagon R119914561-92%7XL67110–8Swift59717039-96%9Vitara Brezza5728781-93%10S-Presso4890–11CELERIO4685277-91%12IGNIS1961886-90%13Ciaz1923592-95%14Omni06-100%15S-Cross01507-100%TOTAL13,7021,21,018-89%
Ertiga was the best selling Maruti model for May’20 with dispatches of over 2.3k units.
Dzire came in second with 2,215 unit dispatches.
Alto was pushed to 5th Spot and only 1,506 units were dispatched in May 2020.
Vitara Brezza could sell just over 500 units and degrew 93% YoY.
S-Cross Sales was ZERO as the BS6 model is yet to be launched.
2. HYUNDAI INDIA – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Creta32129054-65%2VENUE12427049-91%3i20 Elite8788958-90%4i10 Grand7188102-91%5Xcent3491694-79%6Verna3172567-88%7SANTRO1574902-97%8Elantra6105-94%9KONA40–10Tucson071-100%TOTAL6,88342,502-84%
Creta was Hyundai’s & India’s Best Selling Model for May 2020!
Another SUV from Hyundai – Venue came in second with sales of 1,242 units.
I20 & Grand i10 ranked 3rd & 4th respectively.
Electric Vehicle Kona could sell a meager 4 units in May 2020.
3. Mahindra & Mahindra – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Bolero17155947-71%2XUV30012575113-75%3Scorpio7133476-79%4XUV 500361195-97%5KUV 10024261-91%6Verito017-100%7Thar0237-100%8MARAZZO01381-100%9Xylo0312-100%10ALTURAS G40209-100%11TUV 30001393-100%TOTAL3,74519,541-81%
Mahindra’s evergreen Bolero was the OEM’s best selling car for May 2020.It also fared in the Top 5 selling cars for May 2020. M&M’s BS6 transition was a bit delayed and the OEM dispatched significant BS6 cars in May 2020.
XUV300 ranked second with dispatches of 1,257 units in May 2020.
Marazzo, Xylo, Alturas & TUV300 recorded ZERO sales – BS6 still not ready?
4. TATA MOTORS – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1ALTROZ13790–2Tiago8573535-76%3Nexon6234506-86%4HARRIER1611779-91%5TIGOR132306-57%6Bolt021-100%7Zest0300-100%8Safari+Storme0152-100%9Hexa0301-100%TOTAL3,15210,900-71%
Altroz was the best selling Tata in May’20; beating the likes of Tiago, Nexon & Harrier.
Bolt & Zest registered ZERO dispatches.
5. RENAULT INDIA – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1TRIBER9310–2KWID6845152-87%3Duster138672-79%4Lodgy049-100%5CAPTUR076-100%TOTAL1,7535,949-71%
With just 3 models in sale; Renault was able to sell over 1.7k units in May 2020 and Triber was the best selling Renault for the month!
Kwid come in second with dispatches of 684 units.
6. Kia Motors India – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1SELTOS16110–2CARNIVAL500–TOTAL1,6610–
While Seltos recorded dispatch of 1,611 units; only 50 Carnivals were dispatched in May 2020.
7. TOYOTA INDIA – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Innova Crysta7595631-87%2GLANZA5072142-76%3Fortuner2671459-82%4YARIS63373-83%5VELLFIRE320–6Camry1345-71%7Liva + Cross0696-100%8Etios01644-100%9Corolla0134-100%10Prado02-100%11Landcruiser012-100%TOTAL1,64112,138-86%
As usual; Innova was the best selling Toyota for May 2020.
Maruti sourced Glanza ranked second with dispatches of 507 units.
8. VOLKSWAGEN INDIA – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Polo11261484-24%2Vento178654-73%3T-ROC700–4Tiguan300–5Ameo0535-100%6Passat012-100%TOTAL1,4042,685-48%
Polo recorded the lowest YoY degrowth in May’20. It helped VW jump to 8th largest OEM and gain a Market Share of 3.8%. VW overtook the likes of MG & Ford in May 2020.
T-ROC was VW’s third best selling model with 70 units dispatched last month!
9. MORRIS GARAGES INDIA (MG Motors) – RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1HECTOR6720–2ZS EV380–TOTAL7100–
MG was able to retail 672 units of Hector in May 2020. ZS EV sales was 38 units (while Kona sold just 4 units in May’20).
10. FORD INDIA –RANKModelMay’20May’19Growth (%)1Ecosport3313604-91%2Endeavour122628-81%3FREESTYLE57743-92%4Aspire44761-94%5Figo17610-97%6MUSTANG015-100%TOTAL5716,361-91%
Endeavour dispatches were higher than Freestyle, Aspire & Figo in May 2020!
Only 331 Ecosport were dispatched last month and the model recorded 91% degrowth.
Top 25 Selling Cars of May 2020 –