Indian Car Sales Figures – November 2011
“Every cloud has a silver lining” – This is what the sales figures for the month of November 2011 has to say. Except Maruti all OEM’s have seen a considerable growth in its volume. Even Maruti Suzuki has exceeded the 80k figure after 6 long months! This is a sure shot sign of revival for the industry, and with the slight decrease in petrol price along with the huge year-end discounts we can expect the sales registers ringing this December.
1) 1. Nano 2012 is here!!! The increased numbers surely bought some hope among Nano enthusiasts. This brand still has a long way to go in terms to prove its potential.
2) 2. Beat grows over 80 percent than last year – this surely shows how GM was devoid of the market acceptance even after having a winner in hands. With the diesel version it has emerged as a savior to GM and enabled it to sustain its numbers.
3) 3. Eon with its slapstick pricing and futuristic looks has the potential to push Hyundai to the top position in India. But it is not easy to shake Alto’s dominance.
4) 4. Maruti has been able to revamp its supplies – evident from the offtake numbers of 17273 for Swift, 24422 for Alto and 10403 for Dzire. Estilo seems to be in its death phase, we think it is the right time to phase it out.
5) 5. Tata seems to be on Steroids. Both its Indica and Indigo brands are doing extremely well. This is primarily due to the performing Vista and Manza variants.
6) 6. Verna has taken the C-segment by storm. It has consistently proved itself as a rightful competitor over the last 6 months and has strengthened Hyundai’s position in C-segment.
7) 7. Bolero seems to exceed the magical 1Lakh figure this fiscal. It has already garnered 63314 numbers within 8 months of this financial year. Also Scorpio has shown a strong growth this year. With 4646 numbers it has grown over 38 percent over last year.
8) 8. Skoda’s Rapid did a decent start with 957 billings. We can expect it cannibalizing Vento’s sale to an extent. Source